Big Local Tenner Challenge!
The Big Local are excited to announce a challenge for all residents of the area, named the "Tenner Challenge!"
Here is how you can get involved:
- We ask that you get in touch with us and tell us what your idea is
- If needed we can then help you with your idea
- Then the important bit, we will give you ten pounds
- You can then sell your product at our Picnic in the Park event and get to keep the profits
- Let us know how it went and we can share this with the rest of the community
Are you ready to take on the challenge? Here are a few terms and conditions that you need to have in mind:
- By agreeing to take part in this challenge you will allow the Big Local to share your progress and your challenge entry on the Big Local website, newsletter, social media outlets and other parties such as the local press.
- The ten pounds cannot be used to buy alcohol, cigarettes, or any other dangerous substances.
- If you are unable to break even then you will have to give the £10 (or at least £6) back to the Big Local, this will then be donated to a charity of your choice.
- You can get things for free as £10 might not be enough - so there are no rules on getting some of your supplies for free!
- If you are ready to start selling before the Big Local Picnic in the Park event then you can, however, we ask that you still take part on the day of the event.
This idea has been taken from a national scheme started by the charity Young Enterprise called Tenner, which encourages young entrepreneurs between 11 and 19 to think of a new business idea and set it up using just ten pounds. For inspiration on what you can do with your £10 then you can visit their website: http://www.tenner.org.uk/about-tenner
Please see our flyer below for information on the event: